Earthdance is home to 125 acres of pristine New England landscape, and provides a rustic retreat environment for a variety of groups.
Earthdance is a particularly supportive setting for dance & theater artists and companies, yoga retreats, meditation groups, somatic trainings, community gatherings and more! Group retreats can last anywhere from one day to one month, or can occur at multiple times throughout the course of the year.
We accept booking inquires throughout the year, and prefer that groups book their retreat for the following calendar year between September and December of the current year. Groups who book their retreat in the Fall of the year prior may be listed in our annual Earthdance Brochure. And all groups may choose to have their registration and program materials listed on our Earthdance website.
Please contact our Associate Director, Jess Lotak, for additional information and retreat bookings: jess [at] earthdance [dot] net. Below is a detailed summary of what we offer for your Group Retreat.
FACILITIES, LODGING, AND GROUNDS:
- Earthdance Farmhouse: two beautiful sunny studios, an upstairs studio and massage room, showers, library, public computer and printer space, laundry, and our dining hall and kitchen.
- Gratitude Lodge: 3 stories of guest housing, which accommodates up to 65 guests year-round in both dormitory-style rooms and private rooms. All bathrooms are shared. There is laundry and a kitchen space, as well as a large deck and yard for sunbathing. This facility includes one warm blanket per bed, and does not include linens or towels.*
- Nine Mountain: this beautiful facility is located next door to Earthdance and provides year-round over-flow accommodations for an additional 25 guests. Similar to the Gratitude Lodge, Nine Mountain offers both dormitory and private rooms, and all bathrooms are shared. There is a large common room on the first floor, and an outdoor hot-tub for guest soaking and star gazing on the back deck. This facility includes linens, blankets and towels.
- Tent Cabins: 4 tent cabins allow for guests to sleep in a rustic environment in the woods. Each space can accommodate single or double occupancy. Bathrooms are located in the Farmhouse, and guests who choose these accommodations get the full rustic living experience. Tent cabins are available from May until September. The cabins include one warm blanket per bed, and do not include linens or towels.*
- Personal Camping: numerous camping spaces provide low-cost, rustic living for individuals from April until October.
- Sauna and Quarry: our wood-fired sauna is located next to our swimming quarry, and may be used year-round, at your discretion, for all retreat groups. Fire wood is stacked and provided so that you may determine your own sauna schedule and utilize this soothing space to your liking.
- Wooded trails: with an extensive trail system throughout our property, your retreat group can come and relax in the woods, enjoying the wonderful sights, sounds and smells of the Berkshires. Bring your snowshoes or backcountry cross-country skis during the breathtaking white winter, or your hiking boots and camera throughout the diversity of the warmer months, to make the best use of the forest throughout your stay.
- Campfire circles: we have multiple campfire circles. Please ask and our staff will be happy to arrange a fire for your group.
Our Chef and Kitchen Staff provide an assortment of vegetarian, multi-cultural cuisines. We choose from local and organic sources whenever possible, and provide a wide breadth of menu options. We also have a large garden from which much of our produce comes, and therefore meals are always in season! Food allergies and specialty diets can always be accommodated, including vegan, gluten-free, meat and other preferences. Meat and specialty foods are subject to pricing and availability.
Group retreats at Earthdance may choose from a variety of meal options:
- Special Service: This option allows groups to have a meal and return to their retreat without delay. Our Special Service provides gourmet vegetarian cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and our Earthdance staff will do all of the cooking and cleaning!
- Shared Service: This option allows groups to integrate more into the Earthdance family by sharing meal clean-ups. Our Earthdance staff will cook our usual gourmet vegetarian cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and both staff and guests will clean-up collectively after each meal.
- Simple Service: This option allows groups to cook and clean for themselves, and needn’t do any of the shopping. Our Earthdance staff will coordinate the menu and ordering for you, and your cooks can handle the cooking and cleaning while your group is on-site.
- Self Service: This option allows groups to bring their own food, and do all the cooking and cleaning. You may use our Kitchen facilities as you choose, which include a fully-stocked kitchen (including kitchenware, spices and oils), as well as our guest fridge and pantry for storing your items.
PROMOTION AND REGISTRATION:
As a way to help boost your enrollment, Earthdance is now offering free promotion for Group Retreats!
- Annual Earthdance Brochure: If you would like your retreat listed in our Annual Earthdance Brochure (space is limited), please complete your booking with us by September 1st, and include this request in your Retreat Agreement.
- Website: If you would like us to post your retreat information to our website, along with a link to your registration, you may include this in you Retreat Agreement at any time.
Earthdance does not offer guest registration for Group Retreats. Retreat organizers are responsible for registration and accommodation planning.
LODGING, FACILITY AND GROUNDS: Pricing is determined on the size of your group and time of year for your booking. Small non-exclusive groups may select the studio of their choosing, on a first come first served basis. Small exclusive groups may use one studio, and may add an additional studio for use. Large groups automatically have exclusive use of our two main studios. The use of the small upstairs studio and massage room depend on availability, and are included in the lodging, facility and grounds fee. All exclusive use privileges are to be shared with on-site staff and residents.
- Base Pricing: Includes guest lodging, one studio use, dining hall, sauna, trails, and all public spaces. Base pricing for large groups (determined by the time of year) automatically have exclusive access to the facilities and both studios. All groups may participate in a final house clean, or may choose to opt out of this movement.
- Additional Facility and Studio Pricing: Pricing for small exclusive groups is dependent on minimum guest numbers and studio usage.
MEALS: Pricing for meals is dependent upon the chosen meal options listed above.
PROMOTION: Limited promotion is offered free of charge to all booked Group Retreats.
OPTIONAL SERVICES: Additional services, such as laundry, bedrolls (sheets and towels), transportation, child care, final house clean opt-out, additional food, and other guest services may be requested during the contract phase or added during your retreat. Specialty set-up or other specialty services are not included in the base pricing.
WEEKDAY STUDIO RENTAL:
Your group may rent our studios, without accommodations, during weekdays. Please contact our Associate Director, Jess Lotak, for more information and weekday studio bookings: jess [at] earthdance [dot] net
Earthdance will host up to two rustic Weekend Weddings per year. These are two to three day events, where guests are welcome to stay on-site and at local B&B’s. The wedding couple must coordinate their own rental services (reception tents, chairs, tables, dance floors, dishware and serving equipment, sound and lighting). Earthdance offers catering and staff assistance throughout your event, and exclusive use of our entire Gratitude Lodge and Farmhouse, along with Nine Mountain. The wedding couple must designate a wedding coordinator to arrange for payment collection, lodging, meals, parking, and other guest services. Wedding pricing is pre-determined based on a three day event, and is subject to availability.
Amplified music outdoors at Earthdance is prohibited. Shoes, food and drink are not allowed on our studio floors without the rental of a rug.
Please contact our Associate Director, Jess Lotak, for more information and weekend wedding bookings: jess [at] earthdance [dot] net
Past and Present Earthdance Renters:
- Nancy Stark Smith's OPEN Training - January 6th-25th, 2013
- Moving on Center - April 18th - 21st and October 17th - 20th, 2013
- Ananda Marga - May 24th - 26th, and September (dates TBD), 2013
- Journey Dance module 3 - May 7th - 12th, 2013
- Against the Stream silent meditation retreat - August 23rd - 30th, 2013
- Circus Yoga, August 9th - 11th, 2013